Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Emma Watson is as obsessed with Girls as any 22 year old female creative



NEWS -CINEMA-MUSIC-CELEBRITY-WORLD-POLITICS

VIA glooce

Each time I read an interview with Emma Watson, I marvel at how very normal she seems despite being one incredibly in-demand young lady. She dates non-famous dudes, she has moments of insecurity, and despite the Harry Potter movies’ massive success, she’s struggled as much as anyone with the question of what she wants to be when she grows up. It stands to reason, then, that she would be a fan of Lena Dunham‘s alternately sincere and Larry David-ish coming-of-age show Girls. (Remember it?)

“I am literally obsessed with [Girls creator and star] Lena Dunham,” Watson tells Glamour in its October 2012 cover story. “She’s, like, my favorite person in the world. I follow her on Twitter; I read her every day. And, yes, Girls is an example of something so refreshing because it feels real.” I hope she’s not referring to the terrible sex on it, because I want only the best for Emma Watson.


And in response to a question about being caught kissing someone at Coachella, she delivers a sensible comeuppance to anyone making the “you went to a concert, therefore you were begging to be photographed” argument:

“My friend got me tickets for my birthday, and what am I going to say? No, I’m not going to go, because I don’t want to be photographed? But it was a huge crowd, and I thought there was no way anyone could get pictures of me, but somehow they found me. It’s difficult on my dating life, because anyone I get photographed with is automatically my boyfriend. So it just makes it look as if I’ve had, like, 6,000 boyfriends!”

She also displays a striking amount of thoughtfulness on whether or not the entertainment biz is really for her: "Making [The Perks Of Being A Wallflower] was so pivotal for me because I realized I do really want to be an actress, which wasn't something I fully knew, since Harry Potter was such a singular experience. Obviously I'm nervous to see what other people think, but it kind of doesn't matter to me. It's so cheesy to say this, but it's the journey, not the end goal, that's important."

I hereby invite Emma Watson to come over and watch Girls with me any time she likes.

source



    No comments:

    Post a Comment